Americans across the country are celebrating Super Bowl Sunday today! Who are you rooting for? A tradition that started with my dad that we’ve continued in our family, is to make our homemade chili for game day. This is one of our favorite recipes to date because it has the right mix of ground beef, beans and some vegetables. Originally found on Genius Kitchen with some tweaks. Enjoy and have a super awesome day!
- 1lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey (can be optional if you prefer vegetarian chili)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (if making vegetarian chili would add a red pepper, diced and 1 zucchini, diced).
- 1tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1(14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2(8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2tablespoons cumin
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon paprika
- 1(14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1(14 ounce) can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1cup water
Slices of Avocado