“[A] Swashbuckling comedic spectacle”
—Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times
Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films present Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is a rollicking new tale of the high seas, infused with all the elements of fantasy, humor and action that have resulted in an international phenomenon for the past 13 years. Johnny Depp returns to his Academy Award®-nominated role as the outrageous, swashbuckling scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow, and is joined by Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Geoffrey Rush. It was announced at D23 Expo that “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”—the fifth film in the now-iconic “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise—will sail home on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on September 19, and on 4K Ultra HD™/Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 3.
Fans who bring home “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” will experience the nonstop action in stunning 4K Ultra HD format, the ultimate home entertainment experience with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio.
Bonus material includes a collection of behind-the-scenes, making-of stories, including a conversation with directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg; a sit-down with the two young newcomers who play Henry and Carina; the secrets behind the menacing new villain, Salazar, and his ferocious ghost sharks; an on-set visit with Jack’s first mate from all five films; a chat with Sir Paul McCartney who appears as Uncle Jack; and a discussion about the franchise’s legacy; along with hilarious bloopers, deleted scenes and memories from producer Jerry Bruckheimer’s photo diary.
The rip-roaring adventure—packed with humor, suspense and jaw-dropping special effects—finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
I’ll be attending an event for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES tomorrow in celebration of Talk Like a Pirate Day! It will be at the Santa Monica Beach and there will be a 1/3rd scale replica of The Black Pearl on the beach as well as opportunities to interact with actual set pieces from the film! I’ll be doing some live Facebook video so be sure to stop by our Dandelion Moms Facebook Page tomorrow between 12 and 2 pm PST!
The clips below feature behind the scenes material, including bloopers, deleted scenes, discussions with your favorite actors from the film, special effects commentary, and more! Be sure to catch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales out TOMORROW, September 19th on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD!
Kaya’s Favorite Scene
Henry Turner Learns a Lesson
Deconstructing Ghost Sharks
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
- First Mate Confidential
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, with the screenplay by Jeff Nathanson (“Catch Me If You Can,” “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”) and story by Nathanson and Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Joe Caracciolo, Jr., Terry Rossio and Brigham Taylor.
To celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day we’ve got some pirate booty to hand out!
Signed copy of my book Penelope the Purple Pirate
Digital HD copy of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales
Hook and Pirate Map from Disneyland
Pirate booty (bones, coins and necklace)
Disney Junior DVD Captain Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Pirate-themed cupcake cases and assorted pirate-themed toppers
Tuesday, September 19, 2017: Disney’s Black Pearl Pirate Ship landed on the Santa Monica Beach yesterday in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day and the digital release of Disney’s PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES (available on Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD Oct 3). Press and fans received lessons in Pirate Speak, Swordplay, hoisting the mainsail, loading the cannons and more from Pirates of the Caribbean actor and stunt performer Martin “Marty” Klebba, alongside sword experts and stunt doubles from the film.