The newest edition of the Nat Geo Kids ALMANAC, packed with 10 sections of high interest topics, lets kids explore the world and keeps “summer slide” at bay. This boredom-busting book is the most popular children’s almanac on the planet, offering rich content, serious fun and interactive explorer-led challenge, and dynamic online extras. It’s the perfect summer reading selection for the back seat, camp, vacation, or downtime at home.
Some Highlights include:
- More than 350 pages and 500+ amazing photos
- Updated maps, facts and reference materials
- Extensive digital extras at natgeokids.com/almanac
- NEW: Your World 2018 chapter with things to do, places to see and ways to change the world
- NEW: 18 Cool Things featured in every chapter
- NEW: Fun games, jokes and activities
- NEW: Chapters dedicated to engineering and technology, space and Earth and life sciences
- NEW: Almanac Newsmaker Challenge to save our sharks
ALMANAC Newsmaker Challenge – SAVE OUR SHARKS!
Fast, fierce, and fascinating! Sharks are top predators in the ocean and a vital part of its ecosystem. But some species are endangered. That’s why this year’s challenge, led by National Geographic explorer and marine conservationist Jessica Cramp, is all about saving sharks. The first step is for kids to get smart about sharks. Because the more we know – and care – about sharks, the better we can protect them.
Dive into the world of sharks at natgeokids.com/almanac
- Save Our Sharks quick to earn SOS Certificate
- Personality game to find out which shark species matches your personality
- Poll to select the shark photo to appear in next year’s almanac
- Shark mask and poster downloads
- Interview with shark expert Jessica Cramp
- More things kids can do to help save sharks
Kids will learn interesting facts about their favorite sharks. For example the Sand Tiger Sharks might look ferocious but doesn’t tend to bother people unless they are bothered first!
Don’t forget to download the shark mask and posters here.