Exciting news Star Wars fans! “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” came home on Digital HD March 24th and Blu-ray on April 4th. This news comes on the heels of the start of production announcement of the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story. “Rogue One” has established its place within the Star Wars universe and the hearts of moviegoers, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S. We’ve seen it a couple times already and really love it! In fact, I participated in a Rogue One Digital HD Twitter party battle last weekend to celebrate the release of the Digital HD and Blu-ray! I was on Team Empire and we all “tweeted” about our favorite scenes, characters and shared our thoughts – all live on Twitter! It was a blast and it just reminded me of how much the Star Wars movies have been a part of my life since I was a kid! It was the first movie I remember watching (around 7 years of age) and it literally blew my mind. I’ve been a fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy ever since.
I feel like Rogue One brings the story of how The Resistance received the plans (how can we forget Princess Leia bending over R2D2 to retrieve something from him?) full circle. The storyline is fantastic and the actors become their characters!
Arriving early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on March 24, and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on April 4, the release includes never-before-seen “Rogue One” bonus material that will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
To celebrate we have an awesome Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Giveaway!
- Rogue One Digital HD code card
- Imperial Death Trooper Backpack
- Light-Up Tumbler with Straw
May the Force Be With You!
The clips below are from the “K2SO: The Droid” bonus feature on the Blu-ray and highlights everything from K2SO’s design to how Alan Tudky brought him to life on set.
ROGUE ONE | K2SO Design
ROGUE ONE | Cardboard K2SO Head
ROGUE ONE | Walking On Stilts
ROGUE ONE | K2SO’s British Accent
Note: I was provided with Rogue One promotional materials but all opinions are my own.